image1

HI I'M MEGAN |WELCOME TO CHARM AND CHOCOLATE|I'M PROFESSIONAL EVENT PLANNER

Fruishi

I was inspired by a random snapchat to make Fruishi. Today is my day off and I thought to myself "why not?". I woke Ashley up and we went to the store to pick up what we needed. Our items included: 1 box of rice, 1 mango, 3 kiwis, raspberries, coconut milk, fruit leathers, and a papaya (which Ashley advocated for). With all of these items we set forth to make our delicious lunch. First things first, get the rice started. "Did you buy sticky rice or just regular rice?" Ashley asked me. "Regular rice..." I replied, feeling nervous all of a sudden, I honestly didn't even know there was a difference rice is always sticky when I eat it... I mixed 1cup of coconut milk (the Asian cooking kind) with 1.5 cups water (the kind out of the sink) and 2 cups of the non sticky rice. Brought it to a boil and then turned it to low. It was then that Ashley decided a face mask was in order. "Sorry, I have to stir my rice" I said you have to frequently stir the rice after it is on low. She insisted and next thing I knew my face was covered in green goo. After that short interlude we proceeded to cut the mangos, kiwi, and papaya into strips. Then layed out the fruit leather onto the cutting board. The first dollop of rice I placed on my fruit leather I thought was going to be perfect! I covered the whole thing in rice and layed out my fruit in a line. However, when I proceeded to roll my fruit leather, the rice and fruit started squeezing out the sides! I had definitely filled it to full! So the next roll I only did a small square of rice with a small line of fruit, and it worked much better! We topped it off with a little bit of peanut butter and voilà! Fruishi! 

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment